Saturday 5 May 2012

Struggling along

Well here I am, fighting to find time to do everything I have to do.
Lists are my saviour. I now, however have 5 lists. And they grow faster than they shrink!
1. Research list- divided into Workbook and Writing
2. Case study list
3. Reading list
4. Ongoing jobs list
5. Critical Journal list- consisting of 7 tasks

I have found a lovely post-it note app on Google Chrome Store though. I now have post-its on my homepage that I add to and subtract from regularly. And they are right there when I fire up my laptop, so no more coming into the study to work and not knowing what to do. There are always a choice of tasks depending on my state of mind.
I'm still struggling with family life and work. The kids (and husband) have had the law laid down. If I'm in my study and the door is closed, I AM NOT TO BE DISTURBED. Not offered cups of tea, food, regaled with sob stories of teenage trauma, or any other distraction. If I want tea, I'll come and make it. When I emerge from the study, then you can engage me in conversation. Otherwise.....NOTHING. I do not exist to my family whilst in study mode!
It seems to be working. I wrote 6000 words on The History of The Victorian Album the other day. And now, I'm actually finding time to edit it! Oh the sense of achievement at the end of each working day.
When I've edited my 'History', I shall post it here.

On another topic, I started Slimming World 5 weeks ago and have lost 8lbs. Not that you're interested, but I'm quite pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment