Wednesday 7 December 2011

7th December. The brick wall

Argh! It has happened. I have hit a brick wall of doom!
The family records are either very thin on the ground viz a viz the genealogy site, or the family didn't get married or have any children, therefore letting the family die out needlessly! I mean, do they not realise what I'm trying to do?
i think a lot of the problem is that after the 60's and 70's it became more common to have children out of wedlock, and a lot easier to move around the country (and indeed abroad). Hence, the records are extremely hard to trace and keep track of.
As I'm realising the work is getting harder and harder, I have decided to be sensible about this (or cheat, as some might call it), and hand over to some professionals. I have paid for a person trace on Patricia.
They say I will know within 7 days, and they will refund me if a) they cannot find her, or b) she's not the person I'm looking for.
I hasten to add, this is not one of those 'sneaky detective agencies' where they spy on the family and take photos, no....this is a full disclosure service, where they contact anyone they can to find out what I want.
i did this for 2 reasons. 1- It feels more honest and 2- It was a lot cheaper for some reason (maybe it costs more to hide in bushes, or maybe it's all those trenchcoats, dark sunglasses and false noses).
Fact is, if they find the missing Patricia, I don't care how they do it. I dearly want to write her a long letter (I'm already composing it in my head).
I think I was born in the wrong era.

No comments:

Post a Comment