Tuesday 27 December 2011

Back to work!

OK, enough Christmas shenanigans. Besides, if I drink any more, I will definitely have kidney failure.
So, I'm writing up my methods and methodologies for the next 2 years. Which, to any non-university people means, I've messed around with the ideas for this project so much, I now have to rewrite my project proposal, as it's completely different than what I was accepted on the course with!
This is as far as I've got! These are my themes that I plan to explore.

The family album
The future
Memory
Letters vs email
The value of the object
Digital age vs past
Storage- boxes vs computer files
Project- Patricia and me
Visiting old memories, places, people.
Recording recollections
Cine film, old film cameras
How do we recover the missing magic

It's not looking good at the moment is it? I've had a week off which has been lovely, but now my brain is having problems shifting back into gear. It must be all the rich food (and maybe has something to do with the alcohol).
I still haven't heard from Patricia, but I'm making plans around that idea to allow for any eventuality. It would be lovely to work with her for this project, but if it all goes pear-shaped, I shall be working the same ideas with my personal family history. Visiting old places, people and memories. Recording recollections orally and visually. Writing letters. And at the same time, my main body of writing will be exploring the ideas of the loss of the object in the digital age, the future of the family album and how it might be regained.
It's a lot to think about, but it's a whole two years. It's nice to get my teeth into something that I can run with, not worrying about deadlines in 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment